Mac: Firefox shortcut doesn't work after a while

yulmathieu
yulmathieu
Community Member

I have noticed lately (it started 2 to 6 months ago, not sure), that in Firefox, the command-\ doesn't work when I haven't used it for a day or so. I have to click the 1password icon, and then it opens this new tab to "connect to 1password". The new tab doesn't close automatically, so I have to close, it, find the original tab where I was trying to use 1password, and finally type command-\ once more.

Safari and Chrome don't have that issue. At first I thought it was after an update, but it keeps happening every other day. I don't restart my computer or Firefox often (once a month, maybe), so it's not because of restarts.

Is there a way to fix this?

(Firefox version 50.1.0)

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: 10.12.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @yulmathieu,

I'm sorry you're having trouble using 1Password in Firefox!

A problem like that could happen if 1Password mini isn't running at the time you try to use the extension in the browser. The next time you notice the ⌘\ shortcut doesn't work in Firefox, before you click the 1Password button in Firefox's toolbar, please look for the 1Password icon in your Mac's menubar. Do you see it there? If not, it sounds like mini is not running.

Please also check a setting for 1Password mini: Open the main 1Password app and go to 1Password > Preferences in the menubar. Select the General tab, and make sure there's a check mark next to the option for Always keep 1Password mini running.

If that option is already enabled, try quitting & restarting Firefox the next time ⌘\ doesn't work. If that doesn't help, try rebooting your Mac. After it restarts, open Firefox and try using the extension again. Does it work this time?

Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.