To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Transition to family account

Options
pspiegler
pspiegler
Community Member

I used to have an individual account, and have recently switched to a family account. I have two issues: (1) I've already transferred the information from my original vault to a new vault in the family account. Can I just delete the old vault now? (2) I have 1Password Mini installed, so the 1Password Mini icon appears on the menu bar in my browser. But it still currently requires the password from my old vault to unlock. I would like to transition completely to the family account--including having 1Password Mini unlock with the family account password. How can I do this? Thanks in advance!

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: OS X 10.12.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @pspiegler - Thank you for reaching out to us. Great question and congrats on the new 1Password.com account! Yes, if you have migrated everything over to your Personal vault that is connected to the new account then we can take care of both issues right now -

Once you Primary vault is deleted, your master password will default to the new one connected to the 1Password.com account.

So let's get started -

Open & unlock 1Password on your Mac > Click 1Password in the menu bar > Select "Switch to Vault" and choose Primary > Once you're in the Primary vault, click 1Password in the menu bar > Select "Delete Vault" from the drop down menu. You will have to enter your master password before the vault can be deleted. Then you should be good to go!

Keep us posted if you have any additional questions. Have a fantastic day :-)

• wrandy
    wrandy
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same/similar issue and couldn't resolve it and delete one of the accounts following Frank's instructions.

My mother has a trial/individual account which she no longer uses. I added her to my family/team account. Now she has both accounts when she opens 1Password, and I want to delete the trial account which is now frozen and shown in the top of the list I've screenshotted. I don't see any way to delete the trial account. Can you explain how to do that?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wrandy: Sure thing! Just go to 1Password Preferences > Accounts, select it on the left, and then click Sign Out on the bottom right. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.