One week on, still can't get Android to sync updates from 1Password 4 on Windows 10 Pro

Jassword
Jassword
Community Member
edited January 2017 in Android

I finally received word from email support about this problem and converted the agilekeychain vault on my Windows 10 PC over to the opvault format as instructed. I reset the Android app and recreated the vault again via WLAN syncing successfully. I also deleted the old agilekeychain vault on the PC. BUT, the problem still remains: When I make a change to an entry in the vault on my PC, I cannot get the Android app to sync and receive the change. I have the WLAN Sync popup window open on the PC. In the Android app, I go into Settings > Sync and nothing happens in the app, and nothing happens on my PC. I tried tapping, switching off/on the WLAN server switch in the app. Clearly, both devices can see each other on the network, because I can reset the app and recreate the vault with no problem. So I'm stumped and getting very frustrated. My evaluation period is running out soon. Please advise.

My android device is a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Note Tablet running Android 4.1.2. I am NOT using a 1Password account or Dropbox, etc. Just manual WLAN syncing.

1Password Version: 4.6.1.617
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 64 10.0.14393 Build 14393
Sync Type: WLAN

Comments

• saad
    edited January 2017

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with WLAN Server sync on Android. WLAN Server sync requires manual activation since it requires both your computer and your mobile device to be running 1Password and on the same local area network. In order to activate WLAN Server sync on your mobile device, you will need to tap on the overflow menu (3 vertical dots on the top right) and tap on Sync. Alternatively, you can swipe down on the item list and it will trigger sync.

Let me know if that gets sync going! :)

• Jassword
    Jassword
    Community Member

Ok, finally, that was it. Kind of dumb of me not to check the vertical dot menu.

• I'm glad to hear Saad was able to help out with WLAN sync!

This discussion has been closed.