Password not working on the Mac app but is on my iphone

kassem
kassem
Community Member

My password is not working on the Mac app at all however it is working fine on my phone. I've tried updating my master password on the iOS app. However the sync ( using icloud) has not sync for 2 days now. Not sure if it will soon or not. But I can't wait.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.12.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kassem,

I'm sorry you're having trouble unlocking 1Password on your Mac!

You said "...the sync ( using icloud) has not sync for 2 days now" but I'm not sure what you mean. Can you please elaborate on that? Are you referring specifically to the iCloud option in 1Password? If so, how do you know it isn't working if you aren't able to unlock 1Password on your Mac?

Or do you mean there's a problem syncing with iCloud from 1Password on your iPhone? To make sure 1Password on your iPhone is syncing with iCloud, open 1Password and go to Settings > Sync > Primary, and make sure it shows the Sync Service is iCloud.

You should also check the sync settings in 1Password on your Mac: Open the main 1Password app and go to 1Password > Preferences from the menubar (you can do this even if it's locked). Click the Sync tab and make sure iCloud is selected for your Primary vault.

If both are syncing with iCloud, but 1Password on your Mac will not accept your old or new master password, please try the suggestions here: Recover your Master Password

Let us know how it all goes, thanks! :)

• eatmorepie
    eatmorepie
    Community Member

Hi Agilebits Team,

I have been experiencing the same issue since I downloaded the latest update 6.5.3. Twice now my master password is no longer accepted on the 1password app, or the chrome extension. The master password does work on my iphone. Each time I have trouble shooted the issue by resetting all my 1password data and resyncing with my icloud account. Now that this has happened twice I wanted to alert you to the issue.

Thank you,

Greg

1password version: 6.5.3
    Computer - Macbook Pro
    OS - Mac Sierra 10.12.2

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @eatmorepie,

That's very strange, especially if it happened again after resetting the app and re-syncing from iCloud. Did you have any trouble entering your master password when you selected iCloud during the setup?

Do you happen to use any special symbols in your master password? If so, it's possible that has something to do with the problem. We have more information here: Should I use special characters in my Master Password?

If the problem happens again, the suggestions here might help: Recover your Master Password

I haven't heard of a problem like this being caused by the 6.5.3 update, but if you continue to have trouble with that, please let us know. Thanks!

• eatmorepie
    eatmorepie
    Community Member

Hmm, I think I understand your question about iCloud. After I reset my 1Password data I had the option of "logging in" with my iCloud login. I was redirected to an apple website where I entered my iCloud username and pw. After that I was redirected to the 1Password app where I was able to enter my Master Password and login.

No special characters in my password either. I'll post again if it happens again. Love 1Password, your team has built a wonderful tool!

Reward yourself with some pie!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hopefully it continues to work correctly for you this time, but we're here for you if the problem happens again. Aside from that, I'm really glad to hear you love 1Password! :)

Reward yourself with some pie!

Does pizza count? :lol:

This discussion has been closed.