Crash when Adding Document

Options
Robs
Robs
Community Member

Hi,

When I try to add a Document in 1Password for iOS, it opens the UI to choose a picture and after I select a picture, the app crashes.
I have a 1P Subscription and I have iCloud Photo Library enabled.

By the way: It would be nice if I could add other documents than photos as well. Would be nice if I could use the Document Picker to add documents from Dropbox or iCloud Drive.

Thanks,
Robert

1Password Version: 6.5.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS
Sync Type: Subscription

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hey Robert ( @Robs ),

Sorry to hear about the trouble!

When I try to add a Document in 1Password for iOS, it opens the UI to choose a picture and after I select a picture, the app crashes.

I have a 1P Subscription and I have iCloud Photo Library enabled.

I'd like to ask you to send me the crash reports from your iOS devices. Here are the steps you'll need to follow:

1. Plug your phone into your computer and sync it with iTunes.
    2. Switch to the Finder, click on the Go menu and choose "Go to Folder..."
    3. Paste the following into the window that pops up: ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/
    4. Select all the files that begin with 1Password and drag them to Mail in the Dock to create a new mail message.
    5. Send the email to support+forum@agilebits.com

Alternatively, if you do not have a computer with iTunes available:

1. Open Settings app
    2. Go to Privacy, then Diagnostics & Usage
    3. Select Diagnostics & Usage Data
    4. Locate the log for 1Password. The logs will be named in the format: 1Password__
    5. Select the desired log. Then, using the text selection UI select the entire text of the log. Once the text is selected, tap Copy
    6. Paste the copied text to Mail and send it to support+forum@agilebits.com

With your email please include a link to this thread:
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/74300/
    as well as your forum handle:
    Robs

When you send the message you will get an automated reply from BitBot containing a Support ID. Please post the Support ID here so we can 'connect the dots.'

By the way: It would be nice if I could add other documents than photos as well. Would be nice if I could use the Document Picker to add documents from Dropbox or iCloud Drive.

That is certainly something we're looking into.

Thanks!

Ben

• Robs
    Robs
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

I sent the crash log to support+forum@agilebits.com yesterday, but I haven't got any reply so far.

Is it normal that it takes so long to get an answer from your BitBot or should I try to send it again?

Thanks,
    Robert

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Robs: Thanks for letting us know! In fact, we've received your email on our end, and since BitBot responds immediately it sounds like it may have just gotten stuck in your spam filter. But no worries. We'll take a look at the crash reports and get back to you via email as soon as possible.

ref: LEJ-95799-237

• Robs
    Robs
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brenty,

Thanks for letting me know.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No problem! Thanks for your patience while we investigate, and your willingness to provide that. :)

This discussion has been closed.