To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

trouble logging in to 1Password.com account (incorrect master password)

Options
BramEsposito
BramEsposito
Community Member

I have setup a new computer. I try to add my 1Password.com account (In trial mode). I did signup on august 30th. I am logged in into the account with the app on my original computer.

I have my Emergency kit handy. I am pretty sure what my Master Password is.

I do get the message "Cannot sign in. Your Master Password is incorrect." though and by consequence cannot login.

Is my account locked in any way? Is there any reset functionality available? Any help is much appreciated.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BramEsposito! Thanks for reaching out. I've checked your account and there's nothing wrong with it. It's currently in trial mode until early March, so you should be able to use it.

The message is quite clear: the Master Password is incorrect. You say, you're pretty sure what your Master Password is, so guess there's some margin of error here. ;)

For your security, your Master Password is never known to us at AgileBits. This ensures that your data is safe from intruders, but it also means that we can’t reset or resend it.

There may still be a way to recover your Master Password though. Please refer to this article to get hints.

I hope this information helps recovering your Master Password. If you need any additional help, please let me know. I'll be happy to help.

This discussion has been closed.