Sync icon keeps moving yet both vaults indicate sync completed

Options
Nazbuster
Nazbuster
Community Member

I've renamed and moved vaults to a single Dropbox account and I'm trying to get all my devices lined up with the new names/locations.

My iPad now has 2 vaults synced via one Dropbox account. Both indicate "Last Sync xx seconds ago", but both keep recycling. The icon twirls and after about 40 seconds, the "Last Sync" changes from 40seconds to "In Progress" and starts all over.

What is preventing a normal completion from being registered?

1Password Version: 6.5.1 (iPad)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.2
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:sync icon keeps moving

Comments

• Nazbuster
    Nazbuster
    Community Member
    Options

I managed to repair this issue by clearing all vault data (which at first I thought risked deleting the Dropbox copy) and reconnecting to the correct Dropbox based vaults. This worked fine, but I found the display confusing for awhile:

1. One device used Vault2 but showed all data.
    2. Another used Vault1 but showed only Vault2 data.
    3. etc...

I discovered that the issue was that the settings to direct which vault shows only take effect AFTER restarting 1Password. I had to set the switches the way I wanted, exit, then start again.

All is ok now!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's really odd, so I appreciate you bringing this up so we can keep an eye out for it. I'm glad to hear that all is well now, but we're here for you if you run into any other anomalous behaviour. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.