I cannot find my: (1) sign in address: ???.1Password, (2)Account Key, (3) Master Password.

HZekez
HZekez
Community Member
edited January 2017 in Mac

I have used 1Password for several years. I may have started in Windows, then in an IMac with Parallel, then switched over to just the iMac Version. I have changed IMac machines a couple of times. The last change was made this last October. There was a major problem transferring all data to the new IMac. There were continuous pop ups asking for "KeyChain" Passwords, as many as 6 times at a time. Apple Genius Support could not find & remove all the files causing the problem.
The best solution seemed to be to set up a new Password User File for me, and then transfer all necessary Program & Data files over to my new User File.
Initially I could not use my 1Password file. It was asking me for "Sign In Address".1Password, Account Key, Master Password. I had no idea what those 3 items were. Somehow I was able to get an old 1Password file copied over, & I can now use my 1Password.

PLEASE EITHER SEND ME MY "SIGN IN ADDRESS", "ACCOUNT KEY", & "MASTER PASSWORD". I CANNOT SEE ANY WAY TO GET TO IT.
I would like access to this information in the future.

Thank You

Howard Zelkin
[phone# removed by AgileBits for privacy on our public forum]

1Password Version: 1Password 6
Extension Version: 6.5.3 (653000)
OS Version: Mac OS Sierra 10.12.2
Sync Type: ICloud
Referrer: forum-search:I CANNOT FIND MY: (1) SIGN IN ADDRESS: ???.1Password, (2)Account Key, (3) Master Password.

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

1PW now can be used in two different ways, by subscription or by a one-time licence (same program in both cases, just different setup and approach). The sign-in address and account key are used in the subscription approach, but are not part of the single purchase method. If you have your data safe it's probably best to start over again, and this time "continue without an account", it's the option to use an account (bad wording by AgileBits, I think), which only applies to the subscription, that has called for the account key and sign-in address.

But the Master Password is different. In both versions of 1PW, this is the heart of your security. You choose the password yourself in the beginning, and AgileBits do not have it and cannot reset it, it is only known to you, and if you forget it then your data cannot be retrieved.

You say that you managed to use an old 1PW file. That means that you must know your old master password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@HZekez: Indeed, it sounds like you may be trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you subscribe to 1Password Families (or Teams), or signed up for an individual subscription plan. That’s the only way you’ll have an Account Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Instead, you can use 1Password without an account you can sync your data from another device or create a new vault. I've resent your license information via email, so just follow the instructions there to register the app.

However, you may want to consider a 1Password subscription, since it will give you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether -- you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data -- which it sounds like may be how you're trying to use it anyway.

Where do you have your 1Password data stored currently?

• HZekez
    HZekez
    Community Member

IPassword is an Application in my IMac. I have a sign-in Password.

I also have my 1Password linked to my IPhone & I use it frequently.

Thank You for for Support.

Howard

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

@HZekez. It sounds like you're all set now? Please let me know if you need anything else. I’ll be happy to help!

• HZekez
    HZekez
    Community Member

Thank You Brent for your help. I forgot to tell you that I save my 1Password Data in ICloud and on a External Backup Drive.
    Howard

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @HZekez,

If you sync your 1Password data with iCloud, then if you haven't already done so, you'll need to choose iCloud from the 'Welcome' screen when you launch the 1Password app. (If you still see the screen that asks for a Sign-In Address, Email Address, and Account Key, you'll need to click the arrow in the bottom left corner of that window until you get back to the first screen.)

We're here for you if you need more help with that! :)

This discussion has been closed.