Why not to add a 1Password keyboard on iOS ?

Options
sidtree
sidtree
Community Member

Addition of 1Password keyboard in iOS can solve issue of filling passwords in apps. Why not you do that ?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Ios10
Sync Type: Icloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sidtree: It's certainly something we'll continue to evaluate, but 3rd party keyboards are very limited on iOS at this time. In particular, a 1Password keyboard would not not be effective for the obvious use of filling passwords, since iOS does not allow 3rd party keyboards access to password fields -- only the default keyboard is available in those cases for security reasons. But Apple has made some really incredible things possible on iOS in recent years without compromising security, so maybe they'll find a way to do enable this in the future. Cheers! :)

• sidtree
    sidtree
    Community Member
    Options

:) Okay, just one more. I own 1Password for mac and iOS, I have purchased pro upgrade for myself... why do I need to buy pro upgrade separately for everyone in the family?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sidtree: Ah, great question! Since App Store purchases are tied to your Apple ID, unless your family members are using the same one, it will be a separate purchase for them, on their own Apple IDs. Apple offers a Family Sharing feature, but this does not include in-app purchases, among other things. An alternative, easier way to get the Pro Features for your whole family is a 1Password Families subscription, since that includes an account for 5 members which gives them access to all of the apps. Of course, there are many other benefits as well, like the web interface and not having to deal with license management or sync configuration — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. Just something to consider. :)

This discussion has been closed.