Trouble with my Master Password

This discussion was created from comments split from: Password not working on the Mac app but is on my iphone.

Comments

• halkamm
    halkamm
    Community Member

I am having a similar problem with 6.5.3. Intermittently I find that 1Password denies my master password on my Mac, although I can always login from my iPhone. Last night I rebooted my Mac and I was able to get in with my master password. Just now it was rejected again and interestingly, creating an Agilebits login to post this comment opened 1Password extension in Safari without using the master password. Any suggestions?

• halkamm
    halkamm
    Community Member

I now find that I am not required to use my master password after I close the 1Password app or close and reopen Safari. 1Password remains wide open for anyone to use if they sat at my desk. What is going on?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @halkamm

Thank you for taking some time to contact us. I've split your conversation so we can help you better, I hope you don't mind :chuffed:

Just to be sure, when 1Password denies your Master Password, is there any chance you type something wrong without realizing? I also wonder if your keyboard is set sometimes in a language different from US or something similar. Could you please try to notice if something seems different next time 1Password rejects your Master Password.

About the second issue, I'm sorry if there's some confusion here with 1Password default settings. If you go to 1Password's Preferences and then Security you'll be able to pick whether you want 1Password to keep on running when you close the window or not as well as how long you want to keep it running after the computer has been idle. There are several other controls you can adjust in here, I'd recommend you to take a look so you can find the configuration that works best for you :chuffed:

Please let us know how all this goes for you!

This discussion has been closed.