Using 1Password on University (public) computer

Options
Scantron
Scantron
Community Member

Hi there:

I am a long-time user (2010) of 1password. I am now about to upgrade to a family account so my wife's stuff is secure. She, however, is a professor and often logs in to sites from classrooms. Does the family account system cope with this? Another example, is if I am visiting a friend and don't have my phone or laptop, does the family account allow me to log into a secure site, use my 1passwords, and then leave without having to add the 1password extension to my friend's computer?

Thanks for answering this.
-=rich

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Using 1Password on University (public) computer

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Yes, no problem. Being able to use a browser to access the apsswords stored in 1PW is one advantage of the subscription model. (It used to be possible to do this through Dropbox, but Dropbox removed this facility.)

She, or you, will need to know the Account Key as well as the master password. Best advice seems to be to have the Account Key written down somewhere.

And, of course, be cautious about possible malware on a computer that is not under your control.

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Scantron - What @dranco said. With a subscription account, you'll be able to log in to your 1Password account on any computer that has a browser and an internet connection. Just make sure you have your Master Password and Account Key with you as you'll need them to log in. :)

• Scantron
    Scantron
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks very much!

• You're very welcome. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.