Options
System
edited January 2017 in Mac

Comments

• dhclements
    dhclements
    Community Member
    Options

Well, all Security is grayed out for me. I opened the application on my Touch Bar Mac--how do I make this accessible?

• dhclements
    dhclements
    Community Member
    Options

I have 1Password 6
    Version 6.6.BETA-4 (660004)
    AgileBits Beta--- and all security options are blocked. What do I do>

• Hi @dhclements ,

If every option in the Security Preferences is disabled, you just need to unlock your vaults and everything will be enabled then. Security preferences can not be changed when your 1Password vaults are locked.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• Hi @dhclements,

Security preferences will only be enabled once the app is unlocked. Once you've unlocked with your Master Password, you'll be able to edit the security preferences.

Rick

• dhclements
    dhclements
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Kevin. Where do I find out when, where, and how go lock and unlock vaults. To make things a bit worse--I went to the security, turned watchtower on and off...only to find NOW I could get "into" security--but I didn't unlock anything!

• dhclements
    dhclements
    Community Member
    Options

Rick--nope. I was in the application (on Mac). Using it, in it, but in preferences security was not accessible ld go me.

• @dhclements : hrmm... that doesn't seem normal. Did you try closing and re-opening the preferences window? Are other preferences, for example the Browser tab enabled?

Rick

• Hi @dhclements,

Looks like you're talking about this on two threads. Can we limit it to the other thread?

Thanks

Rick

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dhclements, to avoid confusion, I moved your messages from the other threads into this new discussion so we can focus on helping you get this sorted out. When you get a chance, please let us know the answer to Rick's question:

Did you try closing and re-opening the preferences window? Are other preferences, for example the Browser tab enabled?

Thanks in advance! :)

• dhclements
    dhclements
    Community Member
    Options

I thought I did, but as long as its worked now perhaps "let this go" and I will report either (a) never happened again or (b) your fix worked or (c) tried your fix and didn't work. OK? Thanks so much for writing. LOVE the product...on all devices!

• Sounds good.

LOVE the product...on all devices!

Thanks so much for the kind words. We love working on it. :)

Rick

This discussion has been closed.