To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Need to update from v3

Options
Ravn
Ravn
Community Member

Updated from v3xx recently and now getting trial expired notice. I thought when I originally bought 1Password I was paying a one time fee. That was one reason I got it. Do I have to pay again??
I have the license key but have gone around and around your web pages trying to figure out how to use it. Please help me step by step.
MacBook Pro, El Capitan 10.11.6 Firefox 50.1.0
Don't know where I originally bought v3 but I have the email from Agilebits with the license key.

1Password Version: 6?
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: OSX 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:update from v3

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Ravn: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! While your 1Password license never expires and you can use it for as long as you wish, it is valid for the version you purchased, and not all of the work we do in perpetuity. That just wouldn't be sustainable, and if that were the case, there would be no one here to answer the question, as we'd all have to find other work. :blush:

So if you purchased 1Password 3, version 6 is a paid upgrade, which is why your license key won't work, and you're getting the "trial expired" message. You may want to consider a 1Password subscription, since it will give you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data:

1Password.com

Or you can purchase the upgrade for the desktop version alone. Alternatively you can continue using 1Password 3, but given that it was developed in 2009, it is showing its age and cannot work with modern browsers. Let me know if there's something I can help with!

• Ravn
    Ravn
    Community Member
    Options

I didn't notice v3 showing any age. I'm sorry now that I updated. First I was a victim of your huge glitch for the mini, and now I cannot get either the app or the mini to fill and open pages, after updating after that. Had no problems until I idly decided to see if there was an update available. I really loved your app until now. If I have to pay more I will definitely be looking around at other companies unless you can convince me things will improve. Have you had bad internal company changes or something?

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Ravn - I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with 1Password 6. Please contact us and I'll be happy to work with you and look into the details of your issue(s). :-)

In case you contact us you should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down your email and ensure that this is dealt with quickly. :)

• QTB
    QTB
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having a similar issue. Changed my hard drive. Was forced to upgrade from V3 to V6. Fine. After several frustrating hours I figured out that I needed to create a 1PW account. Did that. Now, I can't access 1PW or PW mini from my laptop. Can only access 1PW from the web, but it doesn't populate my websites automatically. Tried to set up a local folder. Failed at that. Couldn't figure out how to transfer data from web to local folder. If this seems confusing, it is, because I am. Just want to open up 1PW and access my sites. This confusion has made the last two days extremely unproductive. And to make it worse, I can't call anyone. Re: [#NFB-99139-538] Issues accessing 1Password.

• Frank
    Options

Hi QTB - Sorry for the trouble. I was able to locate the email you sent over and just replied back to you. When you get a chance, reply back to me then we can continue the discussion over there. We'll get you back up and running :+1:

ref: NFB-99139-538

This discussion has been closed.