sync 1password with different apple ids

Options
phestermann
phestermann
Community Member
edited January 2017 in Mac

Hi, I would like to use 1password on two computers with different apple ID's. I use this computer for different things but would like to have the same 1password account running. This worked great until my trial expired for the second Mac.

Cheers, Philip

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.2
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @phestermann,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble syncing your data between two Macs! Syncing with Dropbox will still work even if the 30 day trial expires in 1Password for Mac, so it sounds like you might be having two different problems (syncing, and an expired trial).

If you use Dropbox to sync your 1Password data, that doesn't have anything to do with your Apple ID. You'll need to be using the same Dropbox account on both Macs, and if sync was previously working, it sounds like you are (unless you've switched to a different Dropbox account on one of your Macs).

It's possible there's a problem with the sync settings in 1Password, so let's start by checking those settings on both Macs:

• Open 1Password and go to 1Password > Preferences in the menubar.
    • Click the Sync tab (if necessary, select a vault on the left side).
    • Make sure it shows your vault is set to sync with Dropbox.
    • If it shows a different sync option or says None, set up sync with Dropbox by following the steps here: Sync with Dropbox (Mac)
    • If Dropbox is already enabled in the sync preferences, check the file name and file path for the sync file in Dropbox.
    • Repeat the above steps on your other Mac.

Now, as far as the expired trial, there are a couple reasons you might be seeing that on one Mac but not the other. Please take a look through this article to see if it helps: If you see “Trial Expired” in 1Password

Let us know how it all goes, thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.