Google and Safari

Options

Finally taking the time to learn 1 Password. I have the safari and chrome extension however it seems to work in chrome but not safari, any ideas?

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @mlkma1 ,

Great to hear you're taking to time to learn about the browser extensions - hopefully they'll save you a lot of time and help make your life more secure too :)

Sorry about the Safari extension not working - if the Chrome extension is working I assume in Chrome at least that you're able to use it to fill in logins?

For both Safari and Chrome - one of the first things to ensure is that you have disabled the browser's built-in password manager because it can conflict with 1Password as they're trying to do the same job.

Once you have disabled the built-in password manager could you check if Safari works now?

If it doesn't the next thing to check is what do you see when you click on the 1Password button in Safari?

• If you see that the 1Password Mini pops up and you can select a Login then it could be a filling problem.
    • If however you see a new tab opening up saying that the 1Password for Safari Extension can't even connect to the 1Password app then something is wrong with the connection.

Looking forward to hearing back,

Best regards,
    Matthew

• mlkma1
    mlkma1
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the info. A bunch of passwords that I manually added to one password work if I manually enter them however don't work now that Im using the extension. Is there a way to fix this issue?

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mlkma1 Could you let us know a little more about the problem you're having?

• When you open Safari, do you see the 1Password button in the toolbar?
    • What happens if you click the toolbar button?
    • If you visit the sign in page on a site for which you have a Login saved and click the button, does that Login show in the list that pops up?
    • If you see the Login, what happens if you select it?

A little more information should help us understand the problem better and get to a solution faster.

Thanks!

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

This discussion has been closed.