In iphone I can copy the google new password.When i go to Google log in I can't get it to say paste.

Options
bobby269
bobby269
Community Member

I had to change my password for Google. In Iphone 7 plus it seems in ipassword 6 that I am able to click copy. I go to the Google log in and I can't get paste to come up.

Using ipassword 6.5.3.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: osx 10.2
Sync Type: drop box
Referrer: forum-search:In iphone I can copy the google new password.When i go to Google log in I can't get it to say paste.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2017
    Options

@bobby269: Interesting. I can't say I've run into that problem with my own Google accounts. Are you trying to login to the website, or an app? In either case, knowing the exact URL or app where you're encountering this issue will allow us to test it. But if they are preventing you from pasting, there isn't any way 1Password can change that for you. Let me know what you find!

• bobby269
    bobby269
    Community Member
    Options

Trying to copy and paste from ipassword to google settings in iphone. What is the correct way to copy and paste that you guys use?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bobby269: We don't do anything except not interfere. The OS handles copy and paste. But some apps and websites intentionally block this function. I can't say that it makes any kind of sense from a security perspective, since it encourages the user to have a weak password they can type easily. Can you tell me where you're encountering this though? I'm legitimately surprised that you're having this problem with Google. Usually it's banks that enforce absurd policies like this.

This discussion has been closed.