How to reconcile first sync

Options
drugh17
drugh17
Community Member

Long time 1Password user, I have V6 on my Mac, and V3 on and iPad and iPhone (newer version there but not yet in use). What's the best method to reconcile all these collections? I'm considering moving to a 1Password account, will that process prompt to resolve each conflict during first sync? Or is there another procedure to best perform this?

1Password Version: IOS 3.7.2, and newest
Extension Version: 6-something
OS Version: 10.11
Sync Type: Occasional WiFi
Referrer: forum-search:Sync

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@drugh17: Ah, good question. While it's impossible to say for certain, if you have different data on these devices, there likely won't be any sync conflicts to resolve or data to be merged; rather, you'll have items with different UUIDS (Universally Unique IDentifiers) which are very much separate, distinct items. If you have similar data you've saved in multiple places, you'll need to sort through it yourself, as 1Password isn't going to try to decide for you which data you prefer to keep. As always though, be sure to backup your data for each device in case you get unexpected results or make a mistake and want to go back. But the great things about 1Password.com is that it keeps version history for you when you make changes, so you can restore not only deleted items, but previous versions of items. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.