TouchID prompt flashes and goes away

Options
ziggie216
ziggie216
Community Member

Not sure what is going on but when I"m trying to authenticate on my tMBP, I would see the TouchID prompt flash, seems like the Use Password button was automatically selected, and I'm asked to enter my master password. Already tried disable / enable "allow touch id to unlock 1password". Not sure what else is there to do.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.12.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@ziggie216 you might try, in System Preferences > Touch ID, deleting your existing fingerprint(s), re-registering them and rebooting and seeing if that helps.

Stephen

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ziggie216

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble using Touch ID with 1Password. Stephen's idea sounds like a good thing to try! Have you found any trouble with other apps or the full OS and Touch ID?

I'd also recommend you to go to your Applications folder and drag 1Password to the trash. Empty the trash and restart your computer. Then go to https://1password.com/downloads/ and install 1Password again. It will pick up your data automatically. Please check if Touch ID works now for you :chuffed:

Please let us know what you find out, and if we need to dig a bit deeper to get this sorted out!

This discussion has been closed.