To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Desperately need help migrating items from local 1Password vault to online account

Options
gneate
gneate
Community Member

Please help.

I have had 1Password 6 on my MacBook Pro for years. Just recently, we decided to share data between family members and devices. This required not only updating 1Password, but also my OS and Java Script, all of which took several days and has now made my computer ridiculously slow (I never wanted to update to Sierra!!!)

Now we have our account and have linked them and followed every single step on the "Move Existing 1Password Data" page, except for number 7 "Click Move Items" because the Move Items pop up window DOES NOT POP UP. In the video, Heather helpfully says this is so simple and easy, but there is nowhere to find information on what to do if this option is not available. I would very much like to know how to Move Existing 1 Password Data, but please believe me that the page I see linked in all the other discussion forums is not helping me.at all.

Is it possible that because I have almost all of my items in a Primary Vault that this is considered a Local Vault and cannot (for whatever reason) be transferred? If so, how do I rearrange things so that it can be? Without having to move all 229 items individually or (God forbid) delete everything and start over?

Please help. I am very frustrated. I have absolutely loved 1Password since I got it, but this is making me crazy.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.2
Sync Type: ??
Referrer: forum-search:Hi, trying to move vault from 1password on my mac to 1 password.com.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gneate: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! I'm a bit confused by your reference to Javascript, but while it sounds like it probably doesn't relate to 1Password, if you'll clarify maybe I can point you in the right direction. But you've definitely come to the right place for help with 1Password! I'm sorry that you've run into some difficulty, but I'm sure we can help you get things sorted out.

If you have a local vault, you can migrate your data from it to a 1Password.com Account, but I'm not sure why you wouldn't have the Move option. Just to make sure we're on the same page, do you see your data if you login to 1Password.com? As Heather mentions at about 1:00-1:25 in the video, the current version of 1Password for Mac will offer to automatically move your data if you had it and the extension installed when logging into 1Password.com. If you've already done that, that would explain why you don't have this option any longer. Let me know what you find!

Alternatively, as mentioned further down in the instructions, you can move your items between vault manually as well:

Move items between vaults

After that, you can remove the local vault by disabling it in Preferences > Advanced. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.