Logins not showing in menu bar app

Options
mrnewbig
mrnewbig
Community Member

Hi there,

I'm on the latest Mac OS Sierra and using Safari and 1Password 6.5.3.
I've the the following problem:

When I'm on a website for which I have login data saved in 1password I used to invoke 1passwords menu bar app.
Saved logins where then shown and I could select the ones I wanted to be used to fill in the login form.

Since a few days ago 1password doesn't show any logins anywhere.
The logins are still there because I can find them when I search for them in the menu bar app or in the main app.
They just don't show up anymore automatically for the domain on which I'm on.

Example:
https://cl.ly/1g1Q1Y2j2J45

I'm here on a website for which I've saved multiple logins. 1password doesn't show anything until I search for it manually.

I want to add that I'm using 1password personally and I'm also part of two teams.
One team (the second one) was just added recently.

I didn't change anything on my system. The only thing was that I had and still have some troubles with Safari who is constantly asking for Local Items Keychain access (I need to enter my user password). I probably played around with the local keychain. Could this have caused my issues?

I already tried reinstalling the 1pw safari extension, which didn't help.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.12.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mrnewbig

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with the 1Password extension. There's a couple of things that I'd like you to check to get a better picture of what's going on :chuffed:

1. Can you please check on Spotlight if there's more than one version of 1Password installed in your computer by any chance?
    2. Can you please go to 1Password Preferences then "Browsers" and play a little bit with the different options there to see if it helps?
    3. Could you please go to Safari Preferences and check in Extensions if everything looks normal?
    4. Could you please check if this happens in some other browser like Chrome or Firefox?

I hope to hear back from you so we can get to the bottom of this :chuffed:

• mrnewbig
    mrnewbig
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Pilar,

I noticed that everything was working in Chrome. So I was sure it must a problem with Safari.
    I cleared all Safari settings, reinstalled the extension and now it's working again!

Thanks for your help!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mrnewbig

I'm glad to hear that you got it all sorted out, and you're very welcome! I hope that everything goes well for you with 1Password from now on, but if you ever need any help again, we're always here for you :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.