Fingerprint getting inexplicably erased from my MacBook Pro. Apples suspects 1password.

Options
rpalmerarrc
rpalmerarrc
Community Member

I program my fingerprint into my MacBook Pro touch. It works perfect for several days, but then inexplicably disappears, as if I never programmed it. Apple support suspects a third-party software.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: OS X 10.12.2
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:lost fingerprint

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@rpalmerarrc while it may well be the fault of some third-party software I very much doubt that third-party software is 1Password. I have been using 1Password on a touch bar MacBook Pro for two months and have never experienced the problem you mention. I don't deny you experience the problem but I do doubt it has anything to do with 1Password.

Stephen

• rpalmerarrc
    rpalmerarrc
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Stephen_C. I guess I need to start looking for other third-party software which may be causing my problem.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rpalmerarrc,

That's a very strange problem, but like Stephen, I don't think 1Password is the culprit. 1Password doesn't actually have any access to your stored fingerprint scans - when you unlock it with Touch ID, macOS simply tells 1Password whether or not your fingerprint was accepted.

Sorry we aren't able to help more with that. I hope you're able to solve the problem, though - that must be very annoying! Once you get it all sorted out, we'd be curious to hear what was causing that to happen. :)

This discussion has been closed.