Changed Master Password; Iphone Apps and Browser Extensions work only w/ OLD Password!

sean_hartford
sean_hartford
Community Member

Help please;
I have 2 Macbook Pro's and 2 Iphones that are all set up with a Family Account:
I am trying to change Master Password for all devices.

I went to 1Password.com (using my #1 Macbook),
clicked on "Have a Family or Team account",
then logged into my Family Account with previous Master Password,
then I clicked on 'My Profile', and changed my Master Password on my #1 Macbook.

Then,
I went to 1Password.com (using my #2 Macbook),
clicked on "Have a Family or Team account",
then logged into my Family Account with previous Master Password,
then I clicked on 'My Profile', and changed my Master Password on my #2 Macbook,
(using same new Master Password as #1 Macbook of course)

Both Mac's now have the New Master Password.

Problem is:
1) The App on the Iphones still is using the OLD Password, will not Sync.
2) The Safari and Chrome Extensions on both #1 Mac and #2 Mac also are still using the OLD Password, will not Sync.

I've tried going to settings on both the Iphone App and the 1 Password on Macs to Force a Sync, still not working.
Also tried Deleting the Extensions in Chrome and Safari, then reloading, still not working.

Using 1Password version 6.5.3

Help please.
Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

@sean_hartford - Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your Family account. I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• sean_hartford
    sean_hartford
    Community Member

Hello,
    I sent the reports via email but never received a response, or automated 'Support ID number'.

Please help!
    Thx!

• sean_hartford
    sean_hartford
    Community Member

Also,
    I am getting a 'Trial Expired, click here to buy' on Only the 1st Mac, in the Safari Browser Extention.
    Before all this started I realized I had let my subscription expire due to a lost credit card and I did not update the Card.
    Now that has been updated in my Profile on 1Password.com, but again it seems that Both my Macs and Browser Extensions are NOT Updated with the New Master Password.
    Please help.
    Thx!

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2017

@sean_hartford - Sorry about this, I found your email and will get back to you right away.

ref: XFS-67287-374

• sean_hartford
    sean_hartford
    Community Member

Hello,
    I sent several emails to your Support mailbox and have not heard back.
    Please help.
    Thx!

• Hi sean_hartford - Love the avatar :blush: I noticed Roman did reply back to you so let's continue the conversation over there. Talk to you soon and enjoy the rest of your day :-)

• sean_hartford
    sean_hartford
    Community Member

hello again,
    I also sent mail via my gmail.
    I Do Not see where Roman has responded back to me yet.
    Please advise.
    Thx!

• sean_hartford
    sean_hartford
    Community Member

OK, seems I fixed at least one problem myself. The 'Trial Expired' issue I was having on Just One of my Macs (in the Password Mini App), was corrected by Opening 1Password6 on my Mac, then going to Preferences, Accounts, and Adding my Wifes Login and Account Key from our Families Account on-Line (I had that Open and used the QR Code to Add the Account info to 1Password6 on my Mac).

SO,
    Seems that I don't get the 'Trial Expired' anymore,
    BUT,
    Both My Macs still are using the OLD Master Password

As I said before, I went to my Families Account On-Line and Changed the Master Password there.
    Assuming it would filter down to Both my Macs and Both my Iphones.
    BUT,
    Only my I Phones seemed to get the Master Password Update, Not the MACS.

Still not quite sure what's going on????

Please help.
    Thx!

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

Hi Sean, I replied to you a while back saying that most probably the reason for this is that your local (pre-subscription) vault is still present.

I see that you're saying that everything works fine. If that's true and all your data is on them (you can also log in to your account in your browser to verify all the data is there), then getting your Macs up to speed will be easy:

• Start over on each Mac (this will delete all your data on that Mac, so make sure you got everything you need in your Personal vault)
    • After launching 1Password, sign in to your account

This will ensure that you only have the vault(s) from your account on your Mac, any local vaults will be gone then.

I hope this helps! :)

• sean_hartford
    sean_hartford
    Community Member

Thanks Roman,
    So two more questions before I do this please:
    1) You said make sure everything is on my PERSONAL Vault. Right now I have most everything in a SHARED Vault for my wife and I.
    Do I need to move everything into the Personal Vault first?

2) Maybe this should be the first question,....How do I know for sure ALL my Local Vault data is on my On-Line Vault. Is there an easy way to do this other than 1 by 1 ??

Thanks!

• Hi @sean_hartford,

It's fine if things are in the Shared vault instead of your Personal vault. The important thing is that they're in a vault that's clearly marked as being associated with the account.

There's no perfect way to see if everything is moved over. Typically someone looks at the item counts and compares them to make sure it makes sense.

Roman mentioned going through Starting Over... but there's an easier way to do this. Assuming you only have the one non-1Password.com vault (Primary), then you can simply go into Preferences > Advanced, and uncheck the checkbox at the bottom that says "Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts." This will guide you through the process.

Rick

• sean_hartford
    sean_hartford
    Community Member

Thanks so much Rick,
    that seemed to do the trick !!

One last question before I try changing my Master Password again now:

So now that I have a PAID FOR 1 Password Account,
    and all my devices are syncing from that account;
    I should be able to Change my Master password in 1 of 3 ways:

1) go On-Line to:
    1Password.com / My Profile / 'Change Master Password'

OR,

2) Open 1Password 6 on my Mac, go to:
    Preferences / Accounts / 'Change Master Password'

OR,

3) Open 1Password on my Iphone, go to:
    1Password Accounts / Your Accounts / 'Change Password'
    ( ** Note / question: Is this the MASTER Password? It only says 'Password' )

Oh,
    And will 1Password Mini be automatically updated as well ???

Please advise if this is correct.

If it is,
    I might suggest some updates to your nomenclature so everything reads the same.
    As all three routes to get to Mater Password are different ???

Thanks again!!

• Good morning @sean_hartford,

You're correct. All 3 of those ways should work equally. When you change the password on one, the other devices should immediately (or nearly immediately) prompt you to sign in again with the new Master Password.

You're right that on the iOS app we say "Change Password" when we really mean "Change Master Password". I've filed a bug (OPI-3975) so that we can get that fixed up.

Rick

ref: OPI-3975

• sean_hartford
    sean_hartford
    Community Member

Thx for the help!!!

• You're very welcome.

Cheers.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.