To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Accounts created prior to December 3, 2015 cannot sign in using Safari. [Try using Safari 11]

Options
sifutommy
sifutommy
Community Member
edited November 2017 in Memberships

No offense guys but...really? I've found posts going back nearly a year saying this was in the works. Wound up having to install Chrome just to add a vault to my account.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• skylarp
    skylarp
    Community Member
    Options

I've been wondering what happened to fixing this, as well…

• Hi @sifutommy and @skylarp! Thanks for asking about this. The latest version of Safari Technology Preview is supported on 1Password.com and the next stable version of Safari should be as well. This was a recent change to the browser, and we updated our side of things to be compatible as well. Previously, Safari support wasn't available because we used a workaround to get 1Password.com working in the first place, and it wasn't retroactive for older accounts. WebCrypto is supported in Safari Technology Preview, and soon will be in the browser itself so we're really excited about that. :)

In the meantime, you can create a new account, migrate you data there, and start using it with Safari. Hopefully the next version of the browser will be released soon.

• skylarp
    skylarp
    Community Member
    Options

@Jacob, that's great to hear! I don't need it so quickly that I want to go through the hassle of migration, so I'm happy to wait.

• Hi @skylarp - We appreciate your continued patience. Hopefully the wait won't be too much longer and I apologize for the inconvenience. Have a fantastic day :-)

• anup
    anup
    Community Member
    Options

Any update on this issue? Still seeing an error when using Safari

• Frank
    Options

Hi @anup - Great question! I don't have an update at the moment but we're hoping this issue will be resolved after Apple rolls out the next version of macOS. In the meantime, you can install Safari Technology Preview and you should be able to sign into your account via your Mac. Once we have more news to share, I'll make sure to update everyone here. Sorry again for any inconvenience.

• viet
    viet
    Community Member
    Options

Any updates on this? macOS is now on the next version, 10.13.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @viet,

As far as I’m aware we’re still waiting for the changes Apple has made in Safari Technology Preview to trickle down to the public release version of Safari.

Ben

• viet
    viet
    Community Member
    Options

Gotcha. Thanks for the prompt response, Ben.

• Ben
    Options

You’re welcome. :)

Ben

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @viet,

macOS is now on the next version, 10.13.

If you (or any other readers of this discussion) aren't running macOS 10.13, Safari 11 was released for OS X El Capitan and macOS Sierra on September 19, 2017 and should allow you to sign in to 1Password.com with accounts created before December 3, 2015. If I recall correctly, Safari 11 does show up in App Store for those older versions of the OS.

I hope that helps! :)

• viet
    viet
    Community Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

@sjk Thanks for the info. I do have 10.13 installed. I should have checked if the authentication worked on Safari before inquiring; was just so used to using Firefox as a workaround I didn't bother checking -___-

I can confirm successfully logging into our pre-December 3 2015 teams accounts on macOS 10.13 + Safari 11. Rejoice!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm happy you can rejoice after confirming it's working, @viet. :)

Thanks for following up to let us know. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.