Can't install 1Password extension on IoS Opera mini

Options
PatP
PatP
Community Member

I'd like to use Opera browser on my iPad.
I've downloaded Opera Mini.
If I go to the 1Password extension page, it offers to install the Safari extension, although I am using Opera.
If I then click 'Show all extensions' and Opera - Install, I get a page of instructions that flashes by in about half a second, then a link to 1Password-4.6.2.90.crx
If I click on that, something flashes in the top left corner for about a quarter of a second.
But then nothing else happens - I am just left looking at the link.
I have tried this several times, with the same result.
What is going wrong please?

1Password Version: 6.5.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IoS 10.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @PatP,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

It does not appear Opera on iOS has full integration with the 1Password for iOS extension, but limited capabilities are possible. You'll need to enable the 1Password for iOS extension using these instructions:

Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Once enabled you'll use the Share sheet in Opera to access the 1Password extension.

There are a couple of caveats:

1) Opera does not pass us the URL of the page you are currently on, so 1Password will not suggest any logins. The only way to fill is to select
    2) Because of #1 the phishing protection of 1Password is circumvented. Please be very careful and make sure you're filling only on legitimate pages that you intend to fill on (e.x. Only fill on google.com, not g00gle.com).

Ben

• PatP
    PatP
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your reply on this, Ben. Disappointing, but understood.
    I hope that Agilebits and the Opera people can manage better integration soon.
    Best wishes.
    Pat

• Ben
    Options

You're welcome @PatP. Our end is done, we just need Opera to add their end. If as a customer you'd like to send them feedback requesting this please feel free to send them this link:

https://agilebits.com/onepassword/devoutreach

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.