Vault on Mac suddenly disappeared, I want it back!

Options
kondermann
kondermann
Community Member

I was using 1Password today like every day, let it fill in my passwords, generated some new ones ... Suddenly when I reentered my master password it tells me there is no vault. What?!

I can not find any .agilekeychain nor an .opvault file on my drive. I was always syncing via local wifi, so I still have a vault on my iPhone, but I dont know when the last sync was done and the information in this vault is obviously missing some stuff, at least from today.

What can I do to get my vault back!?

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: OS X 10.12.2
Sync Type: Local Wifi
Referrer: forum-search:locate vault mac

Comments

• kondermann
    kondermann
    Community Member
    Options

I found out that 1Password automatically creates backups of my vault and where to find them.

But there is no file in Library > Application Support > 1 Password 4 > Backups on my Mac.

Fortunately I have a Time Capsule which is automatically creating backups of my data every hour. So I started Time Machine: The last time there have been files in the 1Password backups folder was three days ago (2017-01-21). There are 75 backups of my vault, the latest is from 2017-01-16. I could restore all of the files and restore the latest backup in 1Password so I can sync that with the data on my iPhone and a should have nearly everything back on my Mac.

But obviously there was something wrong with 1Password or its backup feature for days. I don’t remember how many changes has been made in my vault since then, but I definitely lost some. Trying to ignore that loss, the situation leaves me with a bad feeling and two questions:

1. Why disappeared my vault all of a sudden!?
    2. Why did 1Password stop to create backups of my vault?
  • Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kondermann

I'm very sorry to hear about the trouble that you had with 1Password. If you have not gone back to the previous version with Time Capsule yet then a Diagnostics Report would probably be of great help. It would help us have a much better idea of what might have caused it.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• kondermann
    kondermann
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Pilar!

I already did recover the files from my Time Capsule yesterday and installed the newest Version of 1Password (6.5.3.). Probably it’s to late for the diagnostic report, but I did send one nevertheless. Maybe there is still something wrong and I would prefer not to lose the vault again.

Theres a link to this thread included in my email. I sent the email about an hour ago but havent received an automated reply from your BitBot assistant yet.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kondermann

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you had with 1Password. We have received your Diagnostics Report. We'll take a look at it and get back in touch with you to let you know what we find out :chuffed:

ref: XDG-96552-621

This discussion has been closed.