Make Master Password Invisible on iPad

Options
Jfree
Jfree
Community Member

The master password's last character is shown as you type it on the iPad. This is a security weakness if someone is watching you type in real time or with video. I'd like the option to turn it off. Or does that option already exist? I can't find it.

(Also it would be nice if it auto-populated the 1Password version and OS if you're working within 1Password's browser as I am.)

1Password Version: 6.5.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Master password invisible ipad

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Jfree

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Unfortunately this "helpful feature" is actually part of iOS itself, and is not controlled by any setting. There is no way to turn it off. If you're concerned about someone spying on this I'd recommend disconnecting the projector / editing it out of any videos, and/or using Touch ID for 1Password:

Use Touch ID to unlock 1Password on your iPhone or iPad

Sorry for the inconvenience! Unfortunately it isn't something we can change. You may want to leave feedback for Apple on this:

Product Feedback - Apple

Ben

• Jfree
    Jfree
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I may contact Apple as you suggest. Should I mention a particular control? E.g. Is this called something like a "password text box"?

• Ben
    Options

Yes, I'm sure if you use that terminology they will understand the reference. :)

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.