Can you build an integration with Sync.com for zero-knowledge end-to-end encryption?

Options
jgalicinski
jgalicinski
Community Member

This is more of a feature request.

I am impressed with Sync.com and that they are able to offer zero-knowledge end-to-end encryption and it works great, just like dropbox. I thought it would be a perfect place to store my 1Password vault.. But, I could only do this by syncing with FOLDERS and that's not supported on mobile versions of 1Password. So, it's not possible to use Sync.com on 1Password across all devices.

Could you please add to your product roadmap an integration with Sync.com?

Thanks! A committed user,
Jason

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:sync.com

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jgalicinski: It's not something we can commit to now, but we'll certainly keep it in mind, along with the others folks request.

It sounds like you may already be aware of this, but since your 1Password data is end-to-end encrypted, so 1Password simply doesn't depend on the sync service to protect your data. It sounds like your more concerned about the "zero knowledge" thing for you other data though. ;)

You're right that you can use Folder Sync to accomplish what you're after on the desktop, but that the mobile apps aren't able to accommodate this on their own -- though you could try to use WLAN Server to bridge that gap. You may, however, want to consider a 1Password subscription, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. Ultimately we built this so we could offer seamless, secure sync without having to rely on a third party where we can't fix problems that arise. Just a thought. :)

This discussion has been closed.