To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Password forgotten

Steve_0511
Steve_0511
Community Member

Trying to set my wife up with an account. At one time she downloaded the 1Password app and was syncing through iCloud she cannot remember the password for the primary vault and it is not her ID for ICloud.

How can we set up a new account?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Brian
    Brian
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Steve_0511 ,

Thanks for reaching out! :smile:

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties that you are experiencing with gaining access to your data.

To start over, please follow these instructions:
    Uninstalling and Reinstalling the 1Password App:

• On the Home screen, tap and hold 1Password until it jiggles.
    • Tap the "x" in the upper-left corner. If you see “Deleting 1Password will also delete all of its data”, tap Delete.
    • Restart your device: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears. Drag the slider to turn your device completely off. After the device turns off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until you see the Apple logo.
    • Download 1Password on the App Store and open the app.

To delete data from iCloud:
    Removing your 1Password data from iCloud will affect all other devices you may be syncing with.

• Open 1Password and create a new vault during setup as if this is your first time using the app. Tap Settings > Advanced > Erase iCloud Data. Then you can sync with iCloud again without any of your old data.

For more information, I would recommend checking out this knowledgebase article: https://support.1password.com/starting-over/

Hopefully, this helps, but please do not hesitate to let me know if I can be of any further assistance!

This discussion has been closed.