1Password setup

This discussion was created from comments split from: Synced iPad but list doesn't appear.

Comments

• beverlymay
    beverlymay
    Community Member

Synced iPad my list also does not appear. Completely frustrated

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@beverlymay: Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, which sync method are you using? Thanks in advance! :)

• beverlymay
    beverlymay
    Community Member

iPad Air2 is 10.2.1, iPad mini is 9.3.5, Mac is 10.12.3, 1Password on iPads is 6.5.1, on the Mac is 6.5.3. Dropbox is 32.2. I have hit the sync button the Mac and on the IPads still my list does not come up. I have taken pics of the iPad screen but not sure how to attach to this message.
    Thanks for responding. I spent all day yesterday trying to solve this. Nice program if it would work.

• Hi @beverlymay,

Thanks for the addtional information. The first thing I'd recommend is that 1Password is configured to sync as described in this guide:

How to sync 1Password with Dropbox

If everything does appear to be set up as the guide describes then the next thing to do would be to take a look at our Dropbox troubleshooting guide, which you can find here:

If you're having trouble syncing with Dropbox

I hope that helps! Please let us know how it turns out.

Ben

• beverlymay
    beverlymay
    Community Member

I have Dropbox 32.2.4 on the iPad, 18.4.32 on the Mac. The Mac version says it up to date. I thought the App Store kept everything up to date. I don't know how to download a newer version of Dropbox.
    I was able to sign into eBay on the 1Password on iPad. I thought when I opened the 1Password on the iPad I would see all 68 of my logins. If I need to enter them all again I don't see the purpose of 1Password on iPad.

• @beverlymay It sounds like you may not have set up 1Password on your iPad quite right. Let's check a few things and see if we can get you straightened out.

When you downloaded 1Password to your iPad and opened it for the first time, did you pick the option for Dropbox on that very first screen? If so, and if you were able to sign into Dropbox and access your 1Password information stored there, then perhaps you're running into the same confusion as @onpoint above. Can you try tapping on that icon on the left right below the star icon?

You mentioned you were able to sign into eBay on your iPad using 1Password. Can you elaborate on that a little more and tell me exactly how you did that?

• beverlymay
    beverlymay
    Community Member

Deleted and reinstalled 1pw again as you suggested. I seems to work. This is 1 1/2 days working with 1pw. Not sure it's worth the trouble to have it. Don't know if I have the strength to try installing on my phone.
    Anyway thanks you'll be hearing from me.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@beverlymay: I've split you off into a separate discussion so we can focus on your particular setup. I'm sorry to hear that you had some difficulty there, but we're here for you if you have any other questions while you're familiarizing yourself with 1Password. Let us know how we can help! :)

This discussion has been closed.