Create document from camera on iOS

Options
troyunverdruss
troyunverdruss
Community Member

I see in a recent update you started supporting creating documents from my photos on iOS. However, I would like to be able to create a document directly from the camera without saving it to my photos first. If I have a document that I want to securely store in 1P then I probably don't also want it syncing to iCloud which is what will happen if I have to put it in my photos first.

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10
Sync Type: 1p for teams
Referrer: forum-search:Create document from camera on iOS

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for taking the time to write in @troyunverdruss. We appreciate the suggestion. I'm not sure what capabilities exist in regards to capturing from the camera without saving to the Camera Roll, but I'll certainly pass the feedback to our development team for their consideration.

Ben

• troyunverdruss
    troyunverdruss
    Community Member
    Options

Much appreciated! I've used a few camera apps that can take photos but only optionally save them to your camera roll, so I think it should be possible.

• Ben
    Options

Very good! Thanks again. :)

Ben

• tonydow
    tonydow
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben your answer above gives the impression that it is possible to create a new item from the camera roll. Can you clarify if this is possible.

• Ben
    Options

@tonydow,

It is possible with a 1Password account, yes. When signed into an account tap the "+" (plus) button and select Document as the type of item to create.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.