Password history for multiple 'password' fields?

andrew_garner
andrew_garner
Community Member

Can I view the history for multiple password fields on a single item?

We are storing passwords for multiple accounts in one Server item. I can see there is a button to "show previously used passwords", however this only shows the history for one password field, the default one for whatever type of Item was created. I've added additional username and password fields, however I can't see the history for the value stored in the 'other' password fields. Do these other password fields have a history recorded anywhere I can easily view?

I want to do this without having to restore an old version of the entire Server record which would potentially lose other data updated on this item.

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: OS X 10.12.1 Sierra
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• andrew_garner
    andrew_garner
    Community Member

Just for clarity, I had changed the type of the new password fields to be 'password' instead of 'text'.

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2017

Hi @andrew_garner - Thanks for getting in touch! You can view a history of changes when signing in to your account in your browser. Please see this article for details. The Standard plan has a 30 day item history. The Pro plan has an unlimited item history.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need anything else. I'm here for you! :)

• andrew_garner
    andrew_garner
    Community Member

Thanks @Roman , a little awkward compared to the other show history but does what I need it to. I hadn't realised that the View mentioned in the article would show all of the field values.

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

@andrew_garner I'm happy that the view does what you need. Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with!

This discussion has been closed.