Can I retrieve a vault from iCloud

Options
mrbooth
mrbooth
Community Member

I migrated from syncing via iCloud to a families account following a post on your blog and downloading a new copy of 1password from your site rather than the App Store. Somehow in this process I've just now realised that it has somehow picked up an old vault and that is what has been imported so I'm missing a load of entries and data!

Is there any way I can get at the vault that I'm assuming is still on iCloud and somehow import it to try and get at the data?? I'm thinking if I install another copy of 1password somewhere and point it at iCloud I might be able to see it and then take a backup??

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.5.3 (653000) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: OS X 10.12.3
Sync Type: Families
Referrer: forum-search:retrieve lost cloud vault

Comments

• mrbooth
    mrbooth
    Community Member
    Options

UPDATE: I dug around on my iPhone and there was a "primary" vault option on there with an option to sync to iCloud, so I did took a deep breath and did that and hey presto all my items are there! So the question now is, how do I merge that into my "personal" vault in my families account?

• Hi @mrbooth - I'm glad you were able to sync the correct vault from iCloud :-) The next step will be to migrate your existing data over to your Personal vault which is connected to the Families account. I will include a helpful link below to get started -

https://support.1password.com/move-share-items/#to-move-items-in-the-apps

Let us know if you have any additional questions. Have a fantastic day! :-)

• mrbooth
    mrbooth
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Frank,

Being naturally cautious I created a new vault called "migrate" (interestingly, I could only seem to do this from the web interface and not in any of the apps, is that right??) and then moved my items from "Primary" on my iPhone to this vault using the instructions on the link so now I can see those items on all my devices. Thank you for that help!

Now my problem is one of duplication as I have about 250+ items that will be the same between my personal vault and this new vault. Is there any way other than manually going through to de-duplicate items?

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi @mrbooth - There's no way to automatically get rid of these duplicates, I'm afraid. My advice would be make sure you're seeing All Vaults by choosing that option from the vault switcher (rainbow colored circle in the upper-left). You could then sort your items by name. The duplicates will all show up one below the other, i.e. in pairs You should be able to quickly spot any items that are not a duplicate (as their corresponding item in the other vault would be missing) by just scrolling through the list.

You can move any 'single' items that are missing from your Personal vault by just moving it over:

I hope this helps. :)

This discussion has been closed.