Possible to 'auto copy' across vaults?

Options
RossHKG
RossHKG
Community Member

Hi all,

My apologies if this has already been asked before. I am helping set up my parents on 1Password through my family account. We have agreed that I have access to their logins etc through a shared vault. The 'problem' is that by default every new login they enter gets put into their personal/private vault, is that correct? And then needs to be copied over.

1Password is incredibly simple to use, but I know two 70-year olds who'd rather not have that extra step. Is there any way to automatically put the new login into the shared vault and/or to have it automatically copied after it is first entered?

Many thanks in advance for your advice!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @RossHKG - It's great to hear you're getting your parents set up with 1Password. Kudos to you :-)

With 1Password Families, you're given 5 Guest Accounts. This might be a better fit for your use case. Guests have access to all the same benefits of being a "regular" family member - all the apps, web access, auto-sync. The main difference is Guests, only have access to one Shared vault at a time. You just have to invite them over as a Guest. I will include a helpful link below which will give you a better idea on how this might work for you and your parents. :-)

https://support.1password.com/guests/

Let us know if you have any additional questions. I'll be happy to help out. Have a fantastic day!

• RossHKG
    RossHKG
    Community Member
    Options

Many thanks for the link, @Frank! Useful information I did not not know before.

I've also just discovered something which I should have noticed before with a bit more effort on my part to search properly :) It's possible to change the default vault that opens when you open the app. This will help greatly because it should mean my parents can create a new login straight into the shared vault? I will give it some practice!

• Hi @RossHKG - You're very welcome! I'm happy to hear that helped :-)

For instance, on a Mac, if you open 1Password > Click 1Password in the menu bar > Select preferences from the drop down menu > Click on the General tab > You can choose a default vault from the list.

If you use the Guest feature, they will only have access to a Shared vault so it should automatically default to that setting. Let me know if you have any additional questions, I'll be glad to help out. Enjoy the rest of your day :-)

This discussion has been closed.