The firefox browser extension loads https://agilebits.com/browsers/welcome.html a lot

myclaw
myclaw
Community Member

Basically every time I resume the computer from sleep, the extension loads the above page in a new tab.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: 10.12.2
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:My browser constantly loads https://agilebits.com/browsers/welcome.html

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @myclaw,

Sorry to hear the extension is acting strangely! Just to make sure I understand, it opens that page in a tab when your Mac wakes from sleep and then you try to use the extension in your browser - is that right? Or do you mean that page opens automatically even if you don't try to use the extension?

When that page opens, it should first say "Looking for the 1Password app". After that, does it result in an error message, or does it say "The 1Password Extension is ready to go"? If it says it's ready to go, does it work correctly until the next time you wake your Mac from sleep?

Also, what exact version of Firefox are you using?

Thanks! :)

• myclaw
    myclaw
    Community Member

Hi Drew,

It opens the page when I try to use the extension for the first time to fill a password. After it's unlocked it seems to behave normally. Firefox is the latest update (51.0.1).

Thanks!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @myclaw!

Please open the main 1Password app and go to 1Password > Preferences in the menubar. Select the General tab, and make sure there's a check mark next to the option for Always keep 1Password mini running. If that was disabled, it might explain the problem.

If that option was already enabled, please try restarting 1Password mini: From the main 1Password app, go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini. If the problem happens again the next time you wake your Mac from sleep, please reboot your Mac. Once it restarts, open Firefox and try using the extension - does it still open that tab?

• myclaw
    myclaw
    Community Member

Thanks for looking into this. The first option was already selected, and the second didn't resolve it.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @myclaw,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you!

To help us figure out why that keeps happening, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and make sure you receive a reply as quickly as possible. Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance! :)

• myclaw
    myclaw
    Community Member

Hi,

I sent in the report but didn't get an email back.

Mike

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @myclaw! I don't know why you didn't receive an automated reply to your diagnostics report email (you might want to check spam/junk folders or filters to see if it was caught there), but I was able to find both reports you sent us, so we definitely received them. Someone will get back to you as soon as possible with more information, and we'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

ref: ZAD-28558-657

This discussion has been closed.