To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

What happens if 1Password is discontinued or agilebits goes away?

Options
kleinfelter
kleinfelter
Community Member

I really can't move all my passwords into a service without understanding what happens if the company vanishes. (It happens. I know you're planning to be around.)

If I'm on the subscription plan and you disappear, I presume I can access my local data as if my account were frozen due to non-payment. Is that correct?

If I have the static license, can I still install the app on another laptop, copy the data and the license, and continue to use the app as if you were still around?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Frank
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi @kleinfelter - Thank you for contacting us. 1Password is funded by you, not advertisers or investors. We have sustainable prices, so we can serve you for years to come without exploiting you or your data. It’s possible for a company to cut corners on pricing, but then they might need investors’ money, a buyer with deeper pockets, or — worst of all — advertising money at the expense of your privacy. We have gone out of our way to build 1Password so that we have no information about your data or about how you use 1Password. It is not merely that we choose not to collect or use data about you; we have designed our systems so that, for the most part, we don’t even have the capability to collect data about you or how you use 1Password.

Yes, if your account is frozen due to the trial expiring or due to non-payment, you can still access your data. You just won't be able to edit any of the items. We never want to prevent you from being able to access your data. If you have a license, you can install 1Password on another device and continue to use it. I hope this helped a bit. Let us know if you have any additional questions. Have a fantastic day! :-)

This discussion has been closed.