High memory usage of 1password mini

moiraine_sedai
moiraine_sedai
Community Member

Hi, I'm using 1 password with Google chrome, macos/chrome/1password are all updated to latest version as of Feb.2nd. I just notice that 1password mini has taken up a lot of memory ~1.5G, and I only have <500 password entries (see screenshot attached). Currently, my system uptime is about 9 days. What log info do I need to provide to troubleshoot? Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @moiraine_sedai,

I'm sorry 1Password mini is using so much memory! In the main 1Password app, you can restart mini by going to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini. If you do that, does that seem to solve the problem? If not, or if it happens again shortly after that, please try rebooting your Mac, then see if it happens again.

Let us know how it goes, thanks! :)

• moiraine_sedai
    moiraine_sedai
    Community Member

hi @Drew_AG thanks for the reply. I have restarted and rebooted, and it's okay so far. I just noticed the memory issue by accident and was wondering what lead to it.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Glad to hear it's back to normal, at least for now! I don't know why that happened, but if it starts to happen frequently, please let us know and we'll be happy to take a further look into what's going on. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.