Adding a license

bluesticker
bluesticker
Community Member

I'm trying to add my license. The instructions say "Select 1Password > License… and paste the above information"
But instead of an area to add license I get dialog box when I'm supposed to select a file.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bluesticker,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble activating the 1Password app with your license! If you have instructions that tell you to copy/paste your license information, that's referring to 1Password 2 or 3, which used a license code for activation.

To activate 1Password 6 for Mac, you'll need either a 1Password.com account, or a 1Password 4/5/6 license. A license for 1Password 4/5/6 for Mac is an actual file, which is why you see that dialog. You can find more information about that in this knowledgebase article: If you see “Trial Expired” in 1Password

1Password 4/5/6 for Mac was a paid upgrade from earlier versions. I searched our system for the email address from your forum account, and it looks like you have a license for 1Password 2 for Mac, but not version 4/5/6. If you purchased an upgrade from the AgileBits Store under a different email address, you can have your license resent to you from the "I lost my license" section at the bottom of our support site (or from the above knowledgebase article).

If you don’t have a license for 1Password 6 for Mac, your best option is to sign up for a 1Password.com account, which lets you use/activate the 1Password app on all supported platforms and includes future upgrades at no extra cost. We explain more about that here: What is the difference between a 1Password account and a standalone license?

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you have more questions about that. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.