sync 1password data with my older mac 3.8.22 w/1P6.5.3 convert opvault to Agile keychain

rebecca_hall
rebecca_hall
Community Member

MacAir OS 2008 (early) 10.7.5 1P version 3.8.22
MacMini 2011 OS 10.12.3 1P version 6.5.3
I need to sync 1password data with my older macAir. I use opvault on the newer computer. Can I switch to agilekeychain to transfer data to older model as it doesn’t accept opvault data?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:MacAir OS 2008 (early) 10.7.5 1P version 3.8.22 MacMini 2011 OS 10.12.3 1P version 6.5.3 I need to sync 1password data with my older macAir. I use opvault on the newer computer. Can I switch to agilekeychain to transfer data to older model as it doesn’t accept opvault data?

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rebecca_hall,

Sorry for the delayed response here! To answer your question: Yes, you can certainly switch to the .agilekeychain sync format in order to sync your data with 1Password 3 on your older Mac. I'll be happy to explain how to do that! :)

It's a fairly simple process, as you just need to delete the current .opvault sync file, change a setting, and then create a new .agilekeychain sync file. Before starting that, it's a good idea to make a fresh backup of your 1Password data. To do that, just open the main 1Password 6 app and go to File > Backup. Once you see the new backup there, continue with these steps:

1. Go to 1Password > Preferences in the menu bar, then click the Sync tab.
    2. Choose a vault on the left (you might only have one), then change the sync setting from Dropbox to None.
    3. Click the box to Delete data from Dropbox, then click Disable Sync.
    4. Go to Help > Tools in the menu bar, and if Enable OPVault for Dropbox and Folder sync has a check mark, select that option to disable it.
    5. In Preferences > Sync, change the sync from None back to Dropbox.
    6. Click the Choose button and select your main Dropbox folder (then click Open).
    7. Click Create New to create a new .agilekeychain file.
    8. Allow Dropbox to fully sync.

On your older Mac, wait for the .agilekeychain file to completely download, then double-click on it. 1Password 3 should prompt you to start using that file.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions about that. Cheers! :)

• rebecca_hall
    rebecca_hall
    Community Member

I will try this. I am not able receiving "confirm email" emails??

• rebecca_hall
    rebecca_hall
    Community Member

Rebecca here - I followed instructions but bogged down on 4 Help>Tools>Enable (entire selection box is gray/inactive) so I was unable to proceed
    Also I keep getting a "need to confirm email address" notice but clicking link does not lead anywhere. No confirmation email in inbox or junk folders??

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rebecca_hall,

I followed instructions but bogged down on 4 Help>Tools>Enable (entire selection box is gray/inactive) so I was unable to proceed

Is 1Password locked? If so, the options in that menu will be grayed out. You'll need to unlock 1Password first, and then you should be able to change that setting.

I am not able receiving "confirm email" emails??
    [...]
    Also I keep getting a "need to confirm email address" notice but clicking link does not lead anywhere. No confirmation email in inbox or junk folders??

Where are you seeing a notice about needing to confirm your email address? Do you remember if you ever received an email about confirming your forum account after you first created it?

This discussion has been closed.