Finding Login items with OTP

pauLee
pauLee
Community Member
edited February 2017 in Mac

I have some accounts with OTPs. Is there a way to reveal them in 1PW?

I want to use an seperate app for OTPs and want to feed the app. But I can´t look in 800 accounts if they are protected with OTP, so I want to show only entries with OTP.

Best would be to make a category for accounts with OTP.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• GeniusRedacted
    GeniusRedacted
    Community Member

I work around this by creating two tags "OTP-enabled" and "OTP-capable" and manually adding them to my entries.
    I hope this helps!

• GeniusRedacted
    GeniusRedacted
    Community Member

Hmm... Another method is to create a smart folder with the following options:
    (Any field name) + (is) + "One-Time Password"

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @pauLee,

Thanks for your question! The suggestions from GeniusRedacted are both good ways to keep track of all your Login items that contain one-time password fields. Using a Smart Folder makes it a bit easier because you don't need to add a Tag to those Login items. However, if you happen to be using a 1Password.com account, Smart Folders aren't currently supported. In that case, you can still use the same search options that are available for Smart Folders by going to Edit > Find > Show Search Options.

If you have more questions about that or need anything else, please let us know. Cheers! :)

• pauLee
    pauLee
    Community Member

@GeniusRedacted

The idea with the smart folder was great. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! On behalf of Drew, you are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.