Conceal Password

Options

Hello,

We are having an issue with password concealing and hope to get answers on the following questions:

1. When sharing an item(Logins/passwords) with another user I press on the conceal button next to the password however
    they are still able to reveal the password on their end. Our goal is to make sure that the password remains concealed from other users but still allowing them the access to these sites. How can I achieve this?

2. In addition to the reveal option occurring in 1password, google chrome also offers users to save the password. If they do, they are then able to go through password management settings on google chrome and reveal the password as well. Is there a solution for this?

3. Are we able to control or limit users to only using 1password on 1 browser channel to prevent the save password option from occurring.

I appreciate your help on this matter so that we may successfully use 1password to the best of it's abilities!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @rlovelock - Thank you for reaching out to us and I'll do my best to address your questions:

1. The conceal button is mainly for you. If you were in a public place and didn't want someone to see the password over your shoulder. If you're sharing the password with someone on the Team, they will still be able to see it. The only way around this is to check out the Pro Plan which includes more advanced access controls such as not being able to reveal passwords as shown in the link below -

https://support.1password.com/teams-admin-getting-started/#understanding-basic-permissions

With your current Standard Plan, you can disable team members from being able to edit items within the vault.

1. Yes, you can definitely turn this off - https://support.1password.com/disable-browser-password-manager/#chrome

2. Every browser now has a very basic version of password manager. You will have to disable this function in the browsers using the link above.

I hope that helps and let us know if you have any further questions. Have a fantastic day :-)

• rlovelock
    rlovelock
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Frank,

Thank you for your response.

However, I'm still not clear if there is an option that allows to control a team member to only be able to use ONE Browsing channel ie. Google Chrome instead of being able to open on other channels on their desktop like Firefox or Internet Explorer etc.

• Hi @rlovelock - Sorry about that. You will have to disable the built-in password manager's for each browser using this guide -

https://support.1password.com/disable-browser-password-manager/

Unfortunately every browser provides some sort of basic password manager at this point so they have to be disabled. Sorry for the inconvenience and let us know if that helps :-)

• rlovelock
    rlovelock
    Community Member
    Options

OK. Thank you for your help!

• Anytime, @rlovelock we're always happy to help out :-) Have a fantastic weekend and I hope we get to chat again soon.

This discussion has been closed.