Possible to add existing Documents as attachments in other items like Passport, etc?

Options
Mikethefox
Mikethefox
Community Member

I like the fact that I can save important documents in 1Password (family account). Also, that I can add documents in other items in 1Password like Passport copies, logins, etc

The question is:
When I am adding a passport with number, exp. date, etc. and I attach a copy of the passport, this copy is also saved as a document in 1Password, which I don't mind.
However, if I save a passport copy first as a document and then I create a passport entry afterwards, when attaching a file I cannot select the passport copy that already exists in my 1Password Documents; I need to upload a new file, effectively creating a second identical document when I go back to the document section.

Am I doing something wrong here or is this a functionality that (for now) does not exist?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Mikethefox
    Mikethefox
    Community Member
    Options

Just to clarify, I am looking at the 1Password app on my iPad...

• Hi @Mikethefox - Thank you for reaching out to us. Yes, you're correct, that is the way it currently works on iOS. It won't let you link an existing document. This has to be done at the start when you initially create the Passport item. Only using 1Password on the Mac are you able to link the two afterwards. You can delete the duplicate from the document section as well. Sorry for the inconvenience and I appreciate the feedback. But you're not doing anything wrong :-) At the moment that is the way documents work on iOS. Let us know if you have any additional questions. Have a fantastic day!

This discussion has been closed.