To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Trying to move existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Options
Ailbhe
Ailbhe
Community Member

I've been using and loving 1Password since I purchased it in Jan 2012. I also paid for an update to 1Password5 in 2015 and am now on v. 6.5.3. But for some time I had trouble syncing my MacBook Pro w iPhone6. On older iPhones I think there was a separate 1Password app I had purchased for syncing but that's now defunct? Anyway I decided that I should set up a 1Password account (I thought I had but seems not) and move all data into it and sync that way across some devices (I have a few iPads). So I began to follow your video on setting up a 1Password account if you already have 1Password BUT I seem to now have a 'trial' 1Password account and I'm not sure if that's what I should have? I'm reluctant to move data into it if it's a 'trial' when I should have a full account. What do I need to do to get a full, not 'trial' 1Password account.

I also have duplicate entries in my 1Password. How do I delete the duplicates as it seems to delete both versions if I trash one and empty trash (there was a panicky moment before I remembered about 'Restore'!!).

Comments

• jpgoldberg
    jpgoldberg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @Ailbhe!

I think you will love your move to 1password.com. It will make synching and set up much easier and more secure once you have everything moved over.

Everyone starts out with their first 30 days free, and so this is considered a "trial" status during that period. But once you have a credit card on file or a subscription through Apple, then you will start to be charged once your trial period ends. Note that if you decide not to pay, you will still be able to copy your data out of your subscription account. We do not want to lock anyone out of their data.

I hope this helps, please let me know.

This discussion has been closed.