In the personal cabinet comes, but the program itself is not

Maxim_Russia
Maxim_Russia
Community Member
edited February 2017 in Mac

Hello! I have a problem. It is impossible to enter into the program 1password of their master password, but I have not changed. With this master password, I can successfully sign in to your personal account on the site, where all my personal data is still available to me, but in the program 1password, still does not want to go. How do I make it so that I could come not only in his private office but also the program itself with my data. Help please, this is very important for me!

And whether it is possible to communicate with someone in Russian?

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Sierra 10.12.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Maxim_Russia
    Maxim_Russia
    Community Member
    edited February 2017

I bought the program in the App Store. When I download 1password to your site, the master password is working and when I download 1password from the App Store the master password for some reason does not fit, although with the same password I can go to the Members Area and in the software is downloaded you, and not through the App keep.

Apparently, I accidentally chose instead of storing keys not your site, and your Mac. How now to be and do not know very much hope for your help.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Maxim_Russia,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your master password!

If I understand the problem, your master password is accepted when you sign in to your account on 1Password.com, but it is not accepted when trying to unlock the 1Password app on your Mac. Is that correct? If so, we have some suggestions on our support site which might be helpful: If you forgot your Master Password or you can't unlock 1Password

On the other hand, in your second post, it sounds like your master password can unlock the AgileBits Store version of 1Password, but not the Mac App Store version. In that case, the easiest solution is to continue using the one you downloaded from our website, and delete the one you downloaded from the Mac App Store (don't use any app cleaning tools if you delete the 1Password app). Or is there a reason you would rather use the Mac App Store version?

Please let us know how it goes, and if you're still having trouble, we'll continue from there. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.