Problems accessing 1 password

davestrange
davestrange
Community Member

I have 1 password 4 which after an update i was unable to access all i get is 1 password was unable to connect to mini. I then went to look at agile bits carried out all they requested including accessing terminal and pasting This; xattr -d -r -s com.apple.quarantine '/Applications/1Password 6.app' still nothing. Then i thought perhaps because as far as i was concerned i was still using the free version i could not access it any more. So i purchased 1 password and presumed that my old passwords would automatically be transferred on to the new version, however i now have two versions in applications one of which has my passwords which i cannot access.

I hope someone can help?

Regards,

Dave

1Password Version: 4.4.1 and 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.3.b2
OS Version: os sierra 10.12.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @davestrange,

I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble opening 1Password after installing a new version!

It looks like you have 1Password 4 and 1Password 6 installed on your Mac at the same time - that might be causing the "1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini" error message. Assuming both are in the Applications folder, please go to that folder and drag 1Password 4.app to the Trash (do not use any app cleaning tools). Then empty the trash and reboot your Mac.

After your Mac restarts, try to open 1Password 6. Does it work this time or do you still get the error message?

This discussion has been closed.