How to remove icon overlapping the applications icon in dock

SpokaneDude
SpokaneDude
Community Member

How do I remove this? (better question is: why is it overlaying the Applications icon)?

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: ?
Referrer: forum-search:how to remove icon overlapping the applications icon in dock

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @SpokaneDude,

It looks like the Applications folder has been added to your Dock. You can confirm this by moving the cursor over that 1Password app icon and seeing Applications displayed:

Depending on the folder-in-Dock stack options, it's normal for icons from that folder to overlap in its Dock icon. In this case, the smaller 1Password icon is on top of other larger ones that you can see edges of peeking from behind it.

If you set the Display as Folder stack option you'll a folder icon will show up there instead. Or change Sort by … to adjust the icon ordering. And, of course, simply remove Applications from Dock if you'd rather not have it there at all. :)

I hope that's helpful. It's primarily a matter of your Dock configuration rather than a 1Password issue.

• SpokaneDude
    SpokaneDude
    Community Member

Thank you... changed the option to Folder and it's gone... I'm impressed with the app and the support... haven't found anything that I'm unhappy with so far...

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Glad that did the trick and thank you for the kind words. :+1::chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.