Can I sync my MAC desktop, MAC laptop and iPhone under one account

Rayfield
Rayfield
Community Member

Do I make my Iphone the Primary account?

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X EI Capitan
Sync Type: WLAN
Referrer: forum-search:Can I sync my MAC desktop, MAC laptop and iPhone under my one 1Password account

Comments

• Hi @Rayfield,

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're asking about syncing two Macs and an iPhone via WLAN sync. It's not possible to do that, unfortunately. The recommended way of doing so would be to setup one Mac as WLAN server, connect the iPhone to that WLAN server, then use something like Dropbox or Folder sync to sync the two Macs. The iPhone can only be the WLAN client and not the WLAN server.

If I'm misunderstanding your question, let me know and I can try again. :)

Rick

• Rayfield
    Rayfield
    Community Member

Thanks - This answered my question!!!

I will try to figure out how to sync my laptop and desktop using Folder sync.

Thanks again!!!

• You're welcome. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Rick

• Rayfield
    Rayfield
    Community Member

Hi Rich - need some more help.

Do I create the folder in my documents and then sync it to 1Password?

Or do I create a new folder in 1Password?

• Rayfield
    Rayfield
    Community Member

Rick - I am all set - I sync a 1Password folder in my laptop documents and then copied it to a thumb drive, then I copied the file to my desktop.

I then synced the desktop to the copied file.

Is this what you where talking about?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Rayfield,

It sounds like you're using the Folder sync option in 1Password for Mac. If so, you can have it point directly to your thumb drive (you don't need to sync it to a local folder and manually copy it). 1Password can detect when the thumb drive is connected to the Mac and will sync with it. In case it helps, you can find more information about Folder sync here: How to keep a copy of a local vault updated in a folder on your Mac

Hopefully that helps, but if you have more questions about Folder sync, please let us know. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.