Recurring alert looking for server, only after starting 1Password

khorton
khorton
Community Member

I purchased 1Password on the Mac App Store. I have been using the 1Password betas for many months now, and was using Version 6.6.BETA-5 (660005). Suddenly I started getting notices that the trial had expired, and that I needed to purchase a license. I reinstalled 1Password v6.5.3 from the Mac App Store, and tried to use it, but it wasn't connecting to the 1Password data. I exported all data from the 1PW Beta, and imported into the Mac App Store version.

I have one remaining issue: now after I start 1PW, I get very frequent modal alert dialogs "There was a problem connecting to the server ''". These alert dialogs continue popping up several times a minute, even after quitting 1PW. The only way to stop them is to log out from my user account and log back in. This is a PITA, as I need to repeat the log out, log in sequence after every time I use 1PW.

I recall that at some point in the past, I was syncing 1PW to a folder from that server using AFP - I'm on the road now, so it isn't available today (I've since switched to syncing to a folder on each Mac, with those folders synced using ownCloud, as that works even when I travel). I checked in the Preferences, but I cannot find a setting that seems relevant. I looked in all the agilebits preferences files in ~/Library/Preferences, but cannot find the name of my server anywhere. Do you have any suggestions before I try dragging all those preferences files out of Preferences as a test?

Thanks,

Kevin

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: local folder, synced via ownCloud

Comments

• khorton
    khorton
    Community Member

Problem solved - I'm not sure what happened, but after several days of pain, the 1PW beta has suddenly stopped claiming that the trial had expired. Perhaps it finally saw the Mac App Store version on disk, and realized that I was a paid user.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@khorton: Indeed, sorry about that! As mentioned in the release notes, there was an issue with App Store receipts which was resolved in beta 6. Glad to hear that the update helped, and we're here if you need anything else! :)

This discussion has been closed.