To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Practically in tears (again) trying to set up dropbox for two computers

Options
jdnzgrma
jdnzgrma
Community Member

I purchased the 1password app in Aug 2015. I love the program but have never been able to set up my program on dropbox so that I can use it on my two macs at home. I have no idea what my account number is, can't find my vault (not in my documents folder). 1Password opens and works for me but I am at a loss on how to fix my problem. Can anyone help me? Thanks so much.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jdnzgrma - Thanks for reaching out to us. Obviously we don't want to make you break out in tears when using 1Password, so apologies for that!

Did you follow the instructions to set up 1Password with Dropbox? If so, where in the process are things falling apart for you?

I have no idea what my account number is

You don't need an account key when setting up Dropbox. If you're asked for an Account Key, you most likely took a 'wrong turn' on the Welcome screen. If you previously set up Dropbox on another device, please use the Dropbox option under Welcome Back? Otherwise please use the option to Create a standalone vault. After creating the local vault you can then set up sync via the Preferences pane in 1Password, as described in the article I linked to above.

can't find my vault (not in my documents folder).

You don't need to know where the vault file is located in order to set up Dropbox sync. 1Password will manage all the necessary settings via the Preferences pane.

Having said all that, I acknowledge that setting up Dropbox sync is a bit on the technical side of things. There's an easier way: a 1Password subscription account. Sync is automatic for subscribers, you don't even need Dropbox! You just sign in to your 1Password account and your data is already there. There is no sync setup necessary what-so-ever. How does that sound? :)

This discussion has been closed.