To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Confusion with the NAMING of your different choices of programs

Options
deangelo283
deangelo283
Community Member

Your choice of the word "account is way too generic of a word. Totally confusing when sorting out stand alone versus you subscription service.
Why not make the official name " 1Password Subscription. I have a stand alone family plan which I prefer to keep using. If I were asked if I have an account with 1Password, I would say "Yes" in a generic sense. Same goes for the word " family". I would answer 'Yes" I have a family plan in a generic sense. And to add to the confusion; when I see a reference to your new 'Account" plan, I see the word "Account" used with a lowercase "a" which is again generic. Your need to work on differentiating your offerings. PS - I love using 1Password/

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• deangelo283
    deangelo283
    Community Member
    Options

Follow up comment - example of a good choice of words - the word " Pro" with your iOS version differentiates it from the regular iOS offering/

• deangelo283
    deangelo283
    Community Member
    Options

Follow up point made from 1st posting. Title on this page reads "1Password accounts", should read "1Password Accounts". Hope photo shows in this post. Have never posted an image.

• Hi @deangelo283 - The screenshot came through perfectly so nice job! I appreciate the feedback and suggestions that you have provided. I will make sure to bring this up with my team. It's great to hear you love using 1Password. Thank you again for taking the time out of your day to share your ideas. Let us know if you have any additional questions. We're always happy to help out and listen.

Have a fantastic day :-)

• marcpilvinsky
    marcpilvinsky
    Community Member
    Options

I agree with this poster -- the naming convention is unnecessarily confusing. There's probably also a better way of differentiating Account Key and License Key (the first of which, users like me don't have -- although it took a lot of digging to figure that out). Thanks.

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@marcpilvinsky - Thanks for voicing your opinion and giving us feedback. As Frank said, we'll bring this up with the team and see how we can do better here. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.