How to configure and access security questions from browser extension?

I'm using Firefox ESR, currently on 45.7. I was previously using your v3 browser extension, but was forced to install v4. V4 is missing the notes field, which is where I stored security questions and answers. Many sites require an answer to a security question with each login, so I need that information to be available in the extension, otherwise I have to open the main 1password application.

I saw another thread where you suggested creating custom fields for your questions and answers: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/259763/#Comment_259763 But the custom fields are also not accessible from the extension.

This is a huge problem for me. I await your suggestions.

1Password Version: 4.6
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: Win10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Hey @JoninSEPA ,

Thanks for writing in - unfortunately the custom fields is the recommended approach for 1Password for Windows version 4. If you wanted to move to version 6 of 1Password for Windows however this feature does exist. So in that version this is what it looks like:

Sorry I don't have better news for you regarding version 4. If version 6 is something you're interested in you migrate your data to it and try it out for 30-days free. If you don't like it you can always revert back to version 4.

I hope this helps - if you've any further questions or something doesn't makes sense don't hesitate to let me know.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• JoninSEPA
    JoninSEPA
    Community Member

OK, if custom fields is the recommended approach, how do I access the custom field data from the browser extension?

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Hey @JoninSEPA ,

Sorry, I should have been more clear - in version 4 of 1Password for Windows we recommend using custom fields to store your security questions but unfortunately you would have to access these from the main 1Password app when need them. With version 4, it's not possible to access these from the extension popup.

Sorry about the confusion - I hope that clears things up?

Best regards,
    Matthew

This discussion has been closed.